Thursday, April 19, 2018

Lost Timing

In my last lesson I was on the struggle bus.  For whatever reason I could not manage the trot.  He was throwing his body around and inverting and flailing.  Everything just felt wonky.  Trainer asked if she could hop on to get a better feel for what was going on and I said be my guest.


I am pretty sure she has only been on him one other time and that was shortly after I started taking lessons with her.  Needless to say she was really impressed in the changes.  Some of the improvement was due to his level of comfort.  Any time he gets a new rider he gets really anxious.  But he has improved a lot too.


I really enjoyed seeing him go and she had fun riding him.  The conclusion we came to was I give too much, which results in me dropping the contact and then he immediately inverts.  After she rode a bit, I hopped back on and did slightly better.  For whatever reason, my timing was just a little off that day.


But yesterday, I did an actual dressage ride and he was so good.  I made sure not to drop the contact and just give slightly.  Everything was really consistent and right there.  I am sure that it wasn't picture perfect, but it felt fantastic.

4 comments:

  1. We all have those struggle bus days, ugh. So glad you were able to have trainer get on him, and still have a productive finish to your lesson! And than a fantastic ride later! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad he's feeling better and you two are back at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the new and improved stinker! And take all the media!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to have a coach that will hop on! Your trails looking amazing also #jealous

    ReplyDelete